Hello
Just have a question of curiosity. Why Coach Sommer ask to practice russian dips with contact of the upper arm and not as we can see sometime on forearm?
It is because of the intensity, strenght, or something else?
Thank you
Matt.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Matthieu Jeandel, January 31, 2014 · 5 Replies · 437 Views
Hello
Just have a question of curiosity. Why Coach Sommer ask to practice russian dips with contact of the upper arm and not as we can see sometime on forearm?
It is because of the intensity, strenght, or something else?
Thank you
Matt.
Due to the nature of support on the bottom of the exercise you are forced to move with body straight more then a forearm support.
Adding to this consideration everytime you are lowering on the upper arms you are engaging :
-lats
-the scapular fibers of triceps
-the teres minor
looking forward to mu development you must combine a prt of pull with a part of dip/press. think about the future goal and not a exercise as a stand alone skill. for my experience the upper arms russ dips fill the gaps between dip strength and pull strength in the mu transition. it's not a case that F2 is a pre req for R1.
Thank you for your answer :-)
Well said, Alex.
For the record, I have never recommended dips to the forearms; that variation provides little to no benefit.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Is this question in reference to another post? If so, what is it? Also, I don't think I understand the difference between the two variations. I'm assuming that the course video show upper arm support, but the forearms are in the same horizontal plane.
Also.. Alex87 States that F2 is not a prerequisite for R1? I thought this was the case
Sorry for case i mean "accidental situation"..F2 IS the pre reqs.