This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hip Injury from overdoing it on Swivel Hips sPL/pe1

Started by Jerry Mangona, January 30, 2014 · 1 Replies · 230 Views

Jerry Mangona

Hey all...8 weeks ago I pushed too hard doing swivel hips, and even though I halted all running and lower body activity, I still have nagging pain (1 or 2 on a 1-10 scale).  So it hasn't fully healed.  

 

It's hard to describe where the pain is, but here's the best I've got:

 

(1) It's very near the hip/tendon attachments at the pelvis. Right at the tendon.

(2) Could be hip flexor or adductor or both...so hard to distinguish.

(3) Best way to replicate pain is to do the following in order...

 

 

Sitting on a chair with thighs at a 45-degree angle to pelvis

Anterior pelvic hip tilt to end of range (pain is at a 1-2)

Flex hip flexor in left leg by raising heel and pushing hip tilt more anterior (pain is at a 3-4)

 

 

I tried to wait it out, but not much improvement. Massage with a lacrosse ball helps, but the pain comes back. Stretching makes it worse. Haven't done any strengthening for any fear of damaging it further.

 

Any help? 

What exercises can I do in the mean time?
Is swimming/biking/running ok?
Dzosh

I'd be concerned about femoral acetabular impingement or a labral issue. Swimming (freestyle/flutter kick) probably ok. Try biking or running to see.

Sorry to hear it. Good luck.

 

**obligatory "get it checked out"