This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

ABH and Straddle up form

Started by Kris, January 30, 2014 · 5 Replies · 259 Views

Kris
Hi all,

 

This is my current level of ABH and Straddle up. As a lot of peoples here these elements take me so long to mastered, but my form a greatly improved over the weeks/month (with supplemental specific stretch-exercices).

Any com on the form appreciated !

 

ABH:

fzmo.jpg

 

Straddle up:


Murray Truelove

Looks good.

Have a go at s few rocks (pe2). It's s good measure of your form.

Duff

On ABH you can work on your thoracic extension. Overall form looks good to me.

 

On straddle ups, notice how you lift your arms and legs at the same time. If you look at the athlete, it's 1) arms 2) legs & torso together. You're also letting your chest cave in too much. I'm on the same PE and I also supplement it with seated straddle leg raises(besides pancake stretching).

Iguanus

ABH looks like your legs are a bit bent (hell! I try to make them straight and do think they are, until I look at the vídeos! If shin and tight aren't at the same line, there's some bending going on). Also, looks like your upper bending is coming mostly through the lumbar. It's supposed to be stabilizing while the thorax makes most of the work. Do you know cobra stretch? If so, try making it with legs bent and grab you legs with your arms. Then, pull yourself into the arch while trying to keep lumbar relaxed. You'll probably feel where to bend. You can try releasing yourself from that position after tensing the thorax. It helped me to understand where to flex, albeit knowing what to do doesn't Always translate into how to do it.

 

As for straddle, I agree with Duff. I'm going to start these, so I better watch out for these formchecks and common pitfalls too =)

Kris
Murray Truelove

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

Looks good.

Have a go at s few rocks (pe2). It's s good measure of your form.

 

i'll try it and see the feeling !

 

I worked a lot on thoracic extension , it improve a lot, now when i did thoracic extension work i feel a lot an stretch in abs.

 

 

 

Iguanus, do you speak about this :   4tc8.jpg

 

he help me a lot !

 

Regarding straddleup i did seated straddle leg raise, and try to stretch in pancake ( what do you think, sit straddle legs on a floor with legs bent, elbow on a floor and stretch until legs are straight ?)

I'll try to get my back more straight for resolve chest too cave in ... but the rom will be less !

 

my best straddle : 0hjz.JPG

 

 maybe i have zombie mobility !?!

 

 

 

Iguanus

Precisely, Kris =)