This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Changing Workout Schedule

Started by Dan Jeong, January 30, 2014 · 7 Replies · 127 Views

Dan Jeong

I do 4 day workout schedule but is it okay to workout on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays instead of M, T, Th, F split? My shoulders usually recover pretty slow and they aren't recovered by Thursday after Monday workout so I like to wait until Friday to do my sPL and HBP training. 

Bipocni

It's the same schedule, except you'll have 2 rest days on Wednesday and Thursday instead of on Saturday and Sunday....

Keilani Gutierrez

might want to hit up 3 day a week scheduling.

 

at one point, i thought i could do 6days a week(4 day F1 and in Wednesday/Saturday, do H1 + mobility) was a little too much to handle schedule wise and psychologically as well.

 

or

 

this might be an adjustment period, how many deload cycles have you gone through?

 

what do you think?

Dan Jeong

I usually get more sleep and more time to rest on the weekend so I recover pretty well from Friday workout by the time it's Monday. But now that I think about it, I think this was a stupid question! haha

Dan Jeong
KeilaniG said:

might want to hit up 3 day a week scheduling.

 

at one point, i thought i could do 6days a week(4 day F1 and in Wednesday/Saturday, do H1 + mobility) was a little too much to handle schedule wise and psychologically as well.

 

or

 

this might be an adjustment period, how many deload cycles have you gone through?

 

what do you think?

 

I might have to give 3 day a week scheduling a try. I've gone 3 deload cycles so far.

Keilani Gutierrez
Dan Jeong said:

I might have to give 3 day a week scheduling a try. I've gone 3 deload cycles so far.

and in those 3 deload cycles, have you bumped up volume incrementally or been engaging in the same volume? 

Dan Jeong
KeilaniG said:

and in those 3 deload cycles, have you bumped up volume incrementally or been engaging in the same volume? 

I've been bumping up volume

Keilani Gutierrez

hmmm...idk what to say then...because you -are- improving in volume, is the same true for form? have you video'ed yourself and compared?