This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL and SL PE2

Started by bombadil, January 30, 2014 · 7 Replies · 179 Views

bombadil

Although this has probably been addressed, I can't seem to find it anywhere...  

 

When completing FL and SL PE2 are we counting reps or time?  The PE1 has a time hold, then, I'm guessing, once "rocks" are involved, we count them as reps? 

So, I'm on week 5, therefore, I'm counting 24 "rocks" of each movement?  This takes me much longer than if I counted 24 seconds.  Am I doing this right?  

 

I guess it would be easier to rock for the correct time, but, if it is meant to be counted as reps, than I want to make sure I'm doing this right. 

 

Sorry if this is a redundant question.  Thanks! 

Riku Calderón

Yes it´s reps. But I think you are rocking too slowly if it takes a lot more time.

bombadil

Yeah, cool.  Okay, so just for an example.  I timed a 24 second rocking hold; I tend to move slowly and deliberately.  When I did 24 rocks, by contrast, it took me 40 seconds.  So, I should try to speed this up?  I do rock fast with the arch position because I want it over with so badly--haha!  So, do you think the reps should take just about as long as a second to complete? 

Riku Calderón

I dont bet on this. But I remember that someone said it should be more like 45-60s / set

Murray Truelove

I've been using a metronome. 1 second back, 1 second forward, a rep takes me 2 seconds this way. Just did 4x60r on Monday and it was tough! Thinking of adjusting the metronome to something like 90 BPM, this way a set will take 1.30.

It can be useful to go slow when learning the movement pattern but 2 minutes rocking is a long time!

ausswe

I just rock back and forth as smoothly as possible trying to maintain a similar tempo to the video. No need to over think this just keep a steady smooth and constant motion until required reps are completed and move on dont worry too much about how long it takes.

The athlete seems to take about 14 seconds or so for 10 rocks so 84 seconds for 60 if that helps at all.

m6shifter

I agree with ausswe on this. Over thinking is no good just a steady pace. I know easier said than done. Just counting can be disruptive in this 1 and arch body rocks. 1-10 counts is a little bit better but not much.

bombadil

cool, thanks guys