This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE1 Form Check

Started by Iguanus, January 29, 2014 · 4 Replies · 207 Views

Iguanus
Hey guys and girls, would you please critique these exercises?

 


  1. FL PE1 4x36 (0:02 / 0:43): I should be able to get better form, but on the last 10 secs of last set, PT fails me and I just can't back on track for longer than 20 secs on the retry. So I should remain this week. As for iM, I guess I'm still somewhat clueless (or am without the proper proprioception) about extending the middle of the back. What do you think about the iM?
  2. sPL PE1 5x9 (1:14 / 1:47): shoulders complained on last set, but hey, they did it on the 4th last week and not anymore!.
  3. HBP PE1 5x9 (2:15): I think I'm beginning to understand the hollow position and how the glutes can lock the whole thing.
  4. RC PE1 3x6 (3:14): the most painful part is the iM. I'm doing it in a hard to record place and the holding surface is just plan thin. But I think it's great progress now!
 

 


  1. SL PE1 3x12 (0:02): I feel like pulling from an upper portion of my back, but not yet from thorax. Am I on the right track? Should I start working for time or still try to increase ROM?
  2. Mn PE1 / iM 5x15 (0:21 / 1:57): Tried mastery today and it felt taxing, but doable. For the first time, I felt my EYES pumping and vision pulsing. Weird. But nothing worse than that. Is it time to go for PE2? As for the iM, it feels good on the first 3 sets, but taxing later. Is form good enough? 
  3. SLS PE1 / iM 4x9 (3:00 / 4:06): I think both are decent, but I don't know about the lean on iM. Is this form good enough?
TANSTAAFL
  1. Hollow looks OK. It looks to me you are making it a little more difficult for yourself with the hip angle. You can bring your thighs a little bit closer to your stomach/more parallel to the wall making the hip angle closer to 90 degrees. Make sure you adjust to keep your feet the same distance off the ground. Also hard to see, but you might lift the upper back up a little more...but if it's just your lower back pushing flat into the ground you're fine.
  2. Scap shrugs look really good. Only little thing I saw was coming out of your hollow a little at the top of the protraction...i.e. probably pushing a little too far past the end of your final protraction ROM. No need to go any further.
  3. The pushups look fine, I would speed them up a little or the 5x15 are gonna be reedonkulous.
  4. Hinge rows same as pushups: look good, speed um up a little.

 

2nd video is private.

Iguanus

Thanks for the input! Tried them a bit faster and managed mastery on sPL :lol:

And sorry about the second video! Fixed it already!

Iguanus

Thanks for the input, EweTheStuff.

- In Swivel Hips elevates the butt just a little on the side opposite to leg movement or really planted? Just tried now with legs further apart and it feels diferente. I lift a finger or two, but it does look like iM vídeo. Or is it just my impression that the blond guy ungles from the floor a bit?

- Will add try to add it and shoot from another direction. I don't know if there's enough protraction either, because i have Always seen from that position.

- Thanks! Do you think I can start working on adding time or keep on opening some ROM?

- Holy cow! In my mind, I was supposed to stop at 90 degrees! Now that I've seen the video... Guess iM will keep me on PE1 for a while!

- I've purposefuly slown down to remove momentum. I think it will be easier if I speed up, but let's see!

 

One more question: is my form in Mn PE1 good enough?

TANSTAAFL

2nd on the ABH, killer ROM. Definitely start working that up. As for the deck squats, I agree to speed them up a little and get a mat under you as your arms should not be on the floor (I believe your doing this as a necessary precaution to take some of the weight off of the vertebra during the roll...it is definitely an uncomfortable grinding without some padding). Agree on everything else. Keep rocking.