This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

week 8. F1 H1 form check

Started by Bret Kennedy, January 29, 2014 · 6 Replies · 147 Views

curtis

I only looked at the ABH. Check out the summary for SL PE1 in the F1 forum for tips. Keep the feet together, straighten the legs and embrace the pain. Enjoy!

Stefano Baral

Hi,

I concur with what curtisfer wrote,  for the windmills I suggest you to rotate more externally the foot of the leg corresponding at the arm you insert between the legs, in this way you should feel the stretching of its harmstrings or feel it more intensely. Watch the athlete in the Foundation video and pay attention at his feet position.

Another important point is to always push the arm with the weight away from the shoulder, throughout all the movement.

The tucks up looks quite good to me, maybe you should slow down them a little, see the time used  the video, and another difference  is the arms position at the end of the movement, the athlete in the video has its ones in line with the low part of the legs, but I think it's only a stylistic detail  if no one else has anything to say about it.

I don't know where you have taken the arm position that you use in the deck squat, check the video and you'l see that is not that.

Apart from that, it seems good to me and also the Tripod.

 

A greeting

Bret Kennedy

the first of the deck squats i had incorrect arm position, i went back and watched the video quickly and reshot it. I did however think that the arm position at the last few was right, but i'll double check,

 

thanks for the detail on the windmills.

 

bret

thecolin

The major issue with the windmills is that you let your legs bend. You need to start locking your legs out hard, tensing the quad to help release the hamstring. This will be even more important when you start working on jefferson curls. Even if this means you can't go down as far, keep them locked and go down as much as you can.

Bret Kennedy

stefano: Your right. I thought I reshot the video. I did go back and watch the deck squat and have taken out the hands. Its a habit I picked up with my old gymnastics coach, we didn't really do foundation like this, as I was trying to get my stunt grading and wanted to get stuff done more quickly. One out the things was the hands up by the ears for backwards rolls - backwards rolls to handstand etc. Just a habit  I have to work out :)

bret

Jennifer

Mr. Kennedy,  please post handstand info in the handstand forum.    :)