This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 3 Days Week All Movements Each Day

Started by Justin Kaplan, January 28, 2014 · 3 Replies · 191 Views

Justin Kaplan

I just purchased the F1 course and have spent that last 2 days entrenched in the forums and reading the book and am highly impressed.   I have completed 1 workout and have high expectations.  Below are a few questions I have and please excuse if already covered.  I have read though out the posts and have found parts to some of the questions but not necessarily the whole thing. 

 

 

1) Instead of splitting the 3 day a week routine into 2 different workouts is it frowned upon to do all movements in 1 workout 3 days a week?  I find that if I want to add in some conditioning work that would be the best split to offer separate days.

 

2) I am very interested in the handstand 1 course.  I know there has been lots of discussions on doing both at the same time but I haven't seen anything that mentions how long a handstand workout is, i.e. minutes to complete.

 

3) Help with progressions.  For example, on the Hollow Back Press I can master up to PE3 and need to start there.  I have not tested the PE4-6 but almost positive I can complete those?  If so, how do I approach this?  I have a similar issue with Rope Climb where PE1 is harder than PE4 which????

 

I hope these questions make sense and would appreciate all feedback!

Joshua Slocum

1. You can do all elements on the same day if you like. However, doing all elements 3 days a week is most likely more than a optimal amount of volume. I'd start with just twice a week and see how that feels.

2. H1 takes 15-20m per workout. You can do it on the same day as F if you like.

3. Master the PEs in order. Each one is useful - the fact that you've mastered a later one doesn't mean you won't gain from putting in the work to master the earlier ones.

Justin Kaplan

Joshua, thank you for the reply.

 

Regarding #3, I planned on mastering the earlier PEs in order but was curious if I then skip the later ones after testing out of them?  If I end up testing out of the Hollow Back Press PE's much earlier than the other elements do how do I proceed with the Hollow Back Press for future workout if I don't own Foundation 2 yet?  Thinking ahead but helps with planning.

MT Nordic

Certainly if you master PE3, then you should test PE4 for mastery.  Oftentimes we'll hit a sticking point, get through that, and be able to master 1 or 2 after that no problem.  Each time you start a new exercise, test first for mastery, as that will help you determine which week to start on, and whether you can move on to the next exercise the next time. Remember that IM needs mastery as well.  That's often more the sticking point than the strength work. It might seem silly at the time, but believe me it will come back to tell you what a mistake it was to skip it in the long run.  Happy training...