This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS-PE4 Question

Started by Dan Jeong, January 28, 2014 · 5 Replies · 204 Views

Dan Jeong

I do this exercise with a weighted bar but am I supposed to be slightly pushing my shoulders upwards so I would feel some stretch on my shoulders or should I just rest in that pose? Because I do not feel anything on my shoulders if I just lay down.

Keilani Gutierrez

we're supposed to hold it, hovering just off the ground, imagining we are in a handstand line.

Dan Jeong
KeilaniG said:

we're supposed to hold it, hovering just off the ground, imagining we are in a handstand line.

cool it wasn't really clear by the video. What's the suggested weight for the bar? The lightest bar in my gym weighs 12lbs and I think that might be too heavy to hold in that position 

Keilani Gutierrez

3-5lbs for mastery, though i have heard of working these upto 25-35lbs, i think you can use the search function to verify or wait for an official GB coach/athlete comment on it.

the 12lbs might be a bit too much to start but give it a shot and see how it goes( you might surprise yourself)

Dan Jeong
KeilaniG said:

3-5lbs for mastery, though i have heard of working these upto 25-35lbs, i think you can use the search function to verify or wait for an official GB coach/athlete comment on it.

the 12lbs might be a bit too much to start but give it a shot and see how it goes( you might surprise yourself)

I tried 12lbs today and it was surprisingly not too bad. I will stick with 12lbs :D

Keilani Gutierrez
Dan Jeong said:

I tried 12lbs today and it was surprisingly not too bad. I will stick with 12lbs :D

pleasant surprise, isn't it? ^_^