Hi, I'm building a set of dipping bars for my power cage.
For good bio mechanics, I'm wondering
how far apart they should be for the regular (non Bulgarian) dips?
And would Russian dips when you have to
lower onto the upper arms require a different width?
As an aside, the width between the bars themselves could be measured a couple of ways.
Distance between the bars or distance between the center points of the bars.
The latter seems a more portable number since dipping bars can vary in thickness.
Should the distance be the width of your hands
when your arms are hanging naturally at your sides
(without the lats being contracted).
Or the width when the lats are contracted?
Or the biacromial width of the shoulders?
(distance between hard bony points on the upper part of the shoulder)
Or the width of your hands when they are near the shoulder joint
(ok that's perhaps a bit too fuzzy of a description)
Or something else?
I'm 195cm tall with average shoulder width and proportional arm lengths
for my height if that changes things at all.