I'm mostly a vegetarian, I don't have much body fat, I'm about 6' 1'' and weigh around 155. I've been doing more reading on calories and how many I should be getting in a day, according to this site:http://www.johnberardi.com/updates/july262002/na_masscalculator.htm I should be eating 5,904 calories a day and according to an article I read on T-Nation (http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=460331) I should be getting about 5,600 calories a day. Are those accurate methods of finding your calorie needs?
Calories
Started by JonathanJ, April 1, 2009 · 2 Replies · 2,527 Views
I used to have a similar problem.
In all likelihood they are not entirely accurate.
What information did you put in?
PS I used to be a vegetarian, die hard vegetarian in fact. I would not accept that you couldn't build the same amount of muscle being a veggie as you could not being one... Found out I was allergic to wheat, started eating meat again. Gained 15lbs of muscle and lost a few pounds of fat. I'm currently 170lbs 6'1".
Track what you eat for a week and then divide by 7 if you don't gain any weight.
For each pound you gain or lose subtract (if you gained) or add (if you lost) approximately 3600 cals.
This will give you your metabolic rate.