D Crosses

Started by Wangtang6911, March 31, 2009 · 5 Replies · 3,068 Views

Wangtang6911

Hey guys,

I am new to these forums, but I see that a few people here are actually really knowledgeable about training rings. I have been training in Shanghai for the past 6 months and am looking to put 2 D crosses into my routine. So, my choices are:

Li Ning cross: That one I am not even going to think about doing because it will most definitely tear my shoulder apart

Pull into Cross from Hang: Anyone know how to develop the strength for this skill!?!???!

Li Xiaoshuang: Again, I would have to pull from hanging position and I don't have enough strength for that.

Nakayama: Most likely option since I am almost there, just need to catch the bounce better and raise my shoulders higher. Any tips on catching the bounce?

Pineda: I can do this one, but my elbows are bent so I know judges will hit me on this. Again, any drills???

Homna cross: My swing isn't good enough for this skill so I don't think I will try this.

Azarian Cross: If anyone could help me with an Azarian roll and how to get above the rings on the second half of the roll, I would be indebted to you forever!!

Again, if anyone can help me with tips and drills that worked for them, I would greatly appreciate it! The Chinese help, but I feel like I need to learn it from different ways just to find what works!

Blairbob

pull into cross from hang? Butterfly cross. Many do this with a slight kip. From a hang, pull the rings and straps close together and bounce it up through cross to support or just cross.

how bent are they on the pineda?

for some of these, I'd imagine either a light spot or cross dream machine would help.

azarian roll? you can do a backward roll to support right? can you lever through it? it sort of just stems from this.

nakayama cross? umm, there is no bounce. this is just back lever to cross. Do you mean the ring swing element?

Gregor

Li ning is not so dangerous for shoulders (if they are strong).

Straight pull to cross :arrow: use elastic band

Li Xiaoshuang is a C because is from support to hang and bounce to cross

Nakayama :arrow: try to have legs little higher then shoulders and when you are bouncing with shoulder try to rise shoulders and lower your legs at the same time. Do not be hollow in this procedure (when you are rising up).

Azarian :arrow: try to push down rings quicker. So push down rings when your legs are at the straps, don't wait to be in back lever (when you'll be stronger you will do it later).

Honma to cross :arrow: try it, before you say anything (I've done this with bad swings and was easiest D back then).

Gregor
Blairbob said:
pull into cross from hang? Butterfly cross. Many do this with a slight kip. From a hang, pull the rings and straps close together and bounce it up through cross to support or just cross.

how bent are they on the pineda?

for some of these, I'd imagine either a light spot or cross dream machine would help.

azarian roll? you can do a backward roll to support right? can you lever through it? it sort of just stems from this.

nakayama cross? umm, there is no bounce. this is just back lever to cross. Do you mean the ring swing element?

Butterfly crosses wont help!!

nakayam can be done with bounce, because in code of points don't says anything about holding the back lever.

Azarian roll is almost the same as nakayama (second part). the best thing in my opinion is with spotting.

Wangtang6911
Gregor said:
Li ning is not so dangerous for shoulders (if they are strong).

Straight pull to cross :arrow: use elastic band

Li Xiaoshuang is a C because is from support to hang and bounce to cross

Nakayama :arrow: try to have legs little higher then shoulders and when you are bouncing with shoulder try to rise shoulders and lower your legs at the same time. Do not be hollow in this procedure (when you are rising up).

Azarian :arrow: try to push down rings quicker. So push down rings when your legs are at the straps, don't wait to be in back lever (when you'll be stronger you will do it later).

Honma to cross :arrow: try it, before you say anything (I've done this with bad swings and was easiest D back then).

Thanks, I will try the Nakayama keeping in mind to keep my legs up above the rings tomorrow in the gym. I do hear people say that I need to push earlier on the rings for an azarian. Will this help me get more above the rings or does that just come with strength?

Li Ning cross will definitely kill my shoulders because they are not flexible at all. I had no idea Li Xiaozhuang cross was a C though? I feel like that skill is definitely a hard skill!

Thanks Gregor, hopefully I will be able to post some vids soon!

Gregor

I said the same for azarian. More strength push later, less strength push earlier.

Li Xiaozhuang is not easy but if you consider that from dead hang is D,...

I don't have good flexiblity :roll: but very very strong shoulders.