This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

week 11 mastery

Started by RF_Guy, January 24, 2014 · 2 Replies · 122 Views

RF_Guy

Hi, I was wondering what would be better approach. Assuming I am currently at week 11 and following 4 days a week template which means I doing every exercise x2 a week. If I demonstrate mastery  on the 1st time of week 11 would it be a good idea to spend second time to start messing around with next progression instead of doing master again?

Second question is somewhat related, if I start working on some exercise let's say week 5, but by week 9 feel that it is getting too easy and I might be able to pass mastery should I go ahead and try mastery or it would be more beneficial to spend more time with exercise and attempt mastery according to the schedule?

Thanks!

Joshua Slocum

1. Nope, do it twice. This will build more strength and help cement mastery.

 

2. Sure, go ahead and try. Work capacity can sometimes go up tremendously, especially if technique was the limiting factor. Note that there's about a 1.7x leap in volume from week 9 to week 11, so week 9 should feel quite easy if you're ready for mastery. 

RF_Guy

1. I really hoped for a different answer :) . I am still sore from first attempt this week (especially abs)

2. Awesome.

Thanks!