This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question About Advancement

Started by wallcrawler, January 24, 2014 · 4 Replies · 245 Views

wallcrawler

Hopefully I can ask this question in an easy-to-understand way:

 

Let's say I have been running the program (F1) and have been following it strictly according to the programming template. But let's say I started PE3 on all movements on the same day but decided to try for mastery on RC/PE3 on day one and did it. The other exercises I am following strictly according to the template.

 

My question is what do I do for RC for the next 12 weeks? Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere (or even in the program itself) - I am jst too busy to scan thru all of the forums looking for a specific piece of info and if it was in the book, I must've missed it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Obviously I would think to go straight into RC/PE4 but at what point would I enter (maybe RC/PE4 day 2 of the 12-day cycle?) as we are supoposed to keep deload days the same  for all PEs? Again, thank in advance for any info.

Bipocni

Keep the deload weeks in synch, but try to test out mastery before starting the program.

 

I admit it gets a bit difficult when you keep testing out mastery on some elements but have to follow the cycles for the rest.  Especially if you have to repeat a week.

 

In this case I would recommend simply running the deload week on week 4 as usual, and then starting them ALL from the next first week of whichever microcycle is applicable.

 

Hope that makes sense!

kimura

I test for mastery on the next element, and if I don't pass, I use it as a guide to figure out where I am, then just jump into the microcycle (either 1, 5 or 9) wherever I happen to be. If that's a day or a week into it, it shouldn't matter too much. If jumping in a few days late to the microcycle is too tough for me to handle I should probably be on an earlier microcycle anyway.

greekdawg

SO i want to make sure I am following this right,

 

It is OK if certain progressions are much farther along than others right?

 

For example I might be on RC 3 week 7 and still only on SL 2 week 4?

Adriano Augusto

Yeah, certain progressions are much farther along than others, but still you've to keep the deload week in synch. In that example they aren't.