Lower Back Work w/ minimal apparatus?

Started by JerzyJames, March 31, 2009 · 3 Replies · 2,504 Views

JerzyJames

I have currently been working out of the BtGB text for about three months. Previously I spent many years working with weights. I am curious to know if anyone has suggestions for good ways to target the lower back without much apparatus. I am currently working out at home and have only a pullup bar and some dumbells. I plan to buy a set of rings soon, but in the book much of the lower back work is centered around what I assume to be the pommel horse (my background is not gymnastics although I very much enjoy the training). I used to get quite a bit of lower back work through deadlifts and could possibly return to the gym for some excersizes, but I would prefer to keep working with bodyweight as much as possible for the time being. I like the affect it is having and my development so far. The excersizes I am currently performing are listed below. Please note, they are not listed in the way I structure my workouts.

Static - Front Lever (early stage of the progression), Hand Stands, Advanced Frog Stands, L-Sits

Basic Strength - HSPU, PPP, Pullups, Rows from F.Lever, Dips, SLS, Ab work

jdlee

I'm pretty sure there is a section on lower back workout in the book. The main exercise would be RLL on HeS.

Blairbob

L hang would be a good one for lower back.

With a pair of DB, you could do good mornings, stiff leg deadlifts,DB swings.

JerzyJames

Thanks Blairbob, I was overlooking good mornings and stiff legged dead lifts with db's.