Regaining some flexibility...

Started by Jon Douglas, January 24, 2014 · 14 Replies · 3,364 Views

Jon Douglas

I have neglected my flexibility for a couple years, and have begun regaining it in the last couple months with bridging etc. I have left/right oversplits, but box middle splits is not quite there, I am still about an inch away. Then I went on Facebook and immediately a picture of Carmen in something ridiculous height oversplits came up.

 

And I was sad.

 

But it's coming :)

 

post-2239-0-48499400-1390563467_thumb.jp

Christian

Lots of work to do here, yup. That's what happens when you neglect stuff. But even if the road is long and hard, don't give up. One day you'll get there :-)

Bipocni

I'm coming for your pancake.  I can touch my elbows to the floor with a straight back, so it shouldn't take me too long to match your photo....

 

But seriously, if you have some oversplits, I don't think you should be crying about your lack of flexibility....

kalel

nice charm. ^^

-MR

I'm going to let this one sob story about your "poor" flexibility slide because of the funny picture Jon.

Just this once though; I've got my eye on you. 

 

:)

Jon Douglas

Heh, my pancake/straddle is substantially better than this. Feel free to use this thread to put up your flexibility accomplishments ;)

Jon Douglas

Fixed it :)

post-2239-0-41681200-1392041832_thumb.jp

El Chino

And there I was celebrating last night for reaching 100 degrees angle in my straddle. Thanks for putting a dampener on the party  :P

 

However, good job my man!  :)

Jon Douglas
El Chino said:

And there I was celebrating last night for reaching 100 degrees angle in my straddle. Thanks for putting a dampener on the party :P

However, good job my man! :)

And to you :D Don't sell yourself short, improvement is improvement! It all adds up.

LateStarter@46
Jon Douglas said:

Fixed it :)

attachicon.gif20140130_164521.jpg

What did you use, 'No more nails'?  :P

Jon Douglas

Can't tell you. Seminar secret levitation series.

Joshua Slocum

Over time, Australians have developed skin similar to that of a gecko, allowing them to adhere to sheer surfaces. That's also why they don't fall off the bottom of the Earth. 

Bipocni

Umm, pretty sure those are just your arms....

Jon Douglas
Bipocni said:

Umm, pretty sure those are just your arms....

Picture isn't ideal but my foot is visible at edge of frame one side, and shins below wrists on both.
Bipocni
Jon Douglas said:

Picture isn't ideal but my foot is visible at edge of frame one side, and shins below wrists on both.

No, I know, I was just determined not to mention the fact that everyone is upside down in Australia......