This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Understanding appropriate level and week to start with

Started by Edz, January 24, 2014 · 4 Replies · 217 Views

Edz

Hey Folks,

 

I'm just trying to get my head around the programming and the best start points for me.  Here is what I've done, can someone tell me if I'm on the right track?

 

FL/PE1

  • attempted the mastery (5x60s) but was unable to achieve the full 60seconds of the first set without shaking.
  • my understanding so far is that I need to start at FL/PE1 as I cannot complete 1 set and I should stat at Week 1

sPL/PE1

  • attempted the mastery (5x15r).  I was able to complete a full set.
  • As I can complete a set, I can start at Week 5?

 

Haven't yet tried the other movements, pending feedback on my approach. Appreciate any input, looking forward to mapping out my starting position!

 

piotro

You probably are right with your estimates as to where to start. Anyway, don't try to overanalyze it, make sensible choice now and then just adjust as required to maintain quality but productive workout.

If you start at week 5 and you feel it is still to hard, you can't maintain form, etc, drop to some earlier week now/for next session, if you start at week 1 and all is great, try to upgrade to next week for next session, you will quickly establish your base.

Also don't forget iMs, these may as well influence where you will be with your programming.

ausswe

I'd say you should be able to complete a couple of sets of mastery to start at week 5. The intensity seems to ramp up quickly after week 5 for me anyway. Although no harm in starting where you thi k you are ready for and then just adjusting it the next training session or week after if it was too intense or too easy.

Edz

Thanks, folks.  

 

Completed the first two workouts, some movements were easy and others challenging.  I'll tweak the start weeks as necessary then reassess.

 

In terms of meeting mastery, if mastery calls for 5x60sec (for example) how much rest is allowed between sets or must one perform the mobility between each round to meet mastery?

Jennifer

No rest.     Do the PE, then the mobility then straight away back to PE.