This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090331

Started by Coach Sommer, March 31, 2009 · 4 Replies · 1,150 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090331.jpg

Perform:

3 sets of MU - Bulgarian Dip - roll backward to BL - pull out to FL - MU - Bulgarian Dip - roll backward to BL - pull out to FL.

3x5 Body Levers

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions

notes:

1) Rest 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

2) Rest at least two minutes between Body Lever sets.

3) Strive to perform the ring strength series as a single set; uninterrupted by stops or rests.

4) If possible, add weight to the ankles during the Body Levers. Do not, however, under any circumstances, allow the lower back to arch at any time during the Body Levers.

Richard Duelley

Would it be ok to add a press to shoulder stand after the bulgarian dip. I really need press work and my usual daily ring strength series is:

MU - Lsit 5 sec - roll forward to support (finally got this piked last week) - press shoulder stand (I am finally getting this stead as well) - Lsit 5 sec - roll back to BL (adv tuck) - pull to FL (adv tuck) - Pull BL - Pull FL - Pull BL - Pull FL

This series is of course working my FL and BL the most adn I hold each for about 5 seconds and try to extend as much as I can, any sugestions.

I like the one you posted and will defiantly try it out!

Nobodystopsdblob

Perform:

3 sets of MU - Bulgarian Dip - roll backward to BL - pull out to FL - MU - Bulgarian Dip - roll backward to BL - pull out to FL. no rolls. Did high pull up and low dip plus 1 transition for MU. Did Full (but weak) back lever and advanced tuck for FL.

3x5 Body Levers used tuck

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions

I am almost positive I can do MU with Kips like I was able to this time last year but for some reason I still cannot get them kipless off my knees like I have been trying for for a few months now. I am still getting stuck on the transition. Maybe I am too heavy for my relative strength because I feel like I am progressing in other areas that are mostly just maximal strength pretty well. At 215 am I just going to have to keep plugging for longer on things like Muscle ups and planches than somebody who was as strong relatively but say 150 or 175? It is honestly a little discouraging.

sghetti

Blob, what helped me a lot was doing sets of pure muscle up transitions. The ROM was only a few inches, but it helped solidify my grip and strength in that area. From what I remember it wasn't that hard on my elbows, but it did tear up my wrists (both look like brown spots now lol.)

Blairbob

niftyvt, just keep working those levers. it takes time.

Did some HS stuff like back ext to HS ( felt fine on my shoulders ) with bent and straight arms. Did 5 wall presses and walked 30 feet on my hands besides some jump presses from a sitting position and kick to HS and pirouettes. Opted to not do any other skill work other than getting stuck in the transition from a dead hang while attempting to MU.

I did the workout but took about 10 quick panting breaths between each rep per round. 2nd set typically didn't go from support to back lever or pull out. Straight back lever and Advanced tuck front lever. 1st FL of 1st round was tucked and it was a hard round.

I skipped the body levers and did 3 sets of heavy DL. I'll do the body levers tomorrow with Monday's wod.

3m per round on the rings and 5 for DL. It seems like days since I last worked out ( Thur besides the Sat/Sun seminar ).