A great article about common shoulder mobility issues/injuries including ROM tests

Started by VegVeg, January 23, 2014 · 4 Replies · 2,433 Views

Bipocni

And I quote:

 

.....research shows there's little to no correlation between postural alignment and muscle strength....

 

Would love to hear some more on this subject.

Keilani Gutierrez
Bipocni said:

And I quote:

 

.....research shows there's little to no correlation between postural alignment and muscle strength....

 

Would love to hear some more on this subject.

look at the word play. i mean sh%$, when you put it like that, anything sounds good on paper. :P

 

you need a good base to generate power from, which has it's balance between posture and muscular strength, yet the way it's presented either isn't too clear or maybe they just didn't use the right wording. 

Bipocni
KeilaniG said:

look at the word play. i mean sh%$, when you put it like that, anything sounds good on paper. :P

 

you need a good base to generate power from, which has it's balance between posture and muscular strength, yet the way it's presented either isn't too clear or maybe they just didn't use the right wording. 

I was more referring to the fact that in my experience, more strength = better postural alignment.  Being strong enough to hold the correct positions, plus having the awareness to even know which muscles to activate....

VegVeg

As someone who enjoyed powerlifting style workouts a few years ago in my teens, I can tell that my posture was horrible yet my lifting total was above 1k lbs.

Improving the posture and certain neglected/unbalanced muscles can surely increase your lifts , yet it is not a requirement for having the strength (this is how I understand it anyway,would love to see the hardcore movement geeks explain stuff anyway :) )