This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Furthering Planche Work; Floor or Parallettes?

Started by Eric Xavier, January 20, 2014 · 5 Replies · 398 Views

Eric Xavier

Just  quick question about furthering planche work.

 

I noticed I have considerable ease in doing my planche work on parallettes when compared to the floor.

 

I'm guessing this is due to the grip / better wrist position compensating for the forward lean on plettes, I don't know.  They are just a LOT easier to do on plettes than the floor.  Therefore in the tuck planche after F2 came out, I totally dropped the plettes and moved back onto floor planche work, which felt great for my wrists.

 

Now with F3 and looking forward, the rest seems to be on the plettes.  

 

My question is, should I try to progress through these on the floor (as it is ultimately where I'd like to do the planche) or move onto the plettes which makes it much easier?

 

Thanks for any advice

B1214N

If your goal is to do the planche on floor then train it on floor. It's certainly easier to do on bars, but just remember that a planche is still a planche whether it is on floor or bars.

Coach Sommer

They were demonstrated on the paralettes due to that athlete's personal preference.

However there is no official requirement to use the parallettes; working on the floor is also equally acceptable.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

P5yx

Would it be appropriate to train on paralettes on one day and on floor on the other if we train for sPL twice a week or would it be counter productive?

Joshua Slocum

Should be fine; what matters most is the shoulders, back and chest. 

Keilani Gutierrez

Hmm...this could spice things up.