This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Specific weights for certain PEs

Started by P5yx, January 20, 2014 · 10 Replies · 246 Views

P5yx

Hey everyone,

 

i suggest a sticky topic which offers information about the weight needed to master a PE/iM.

E.g. 

sPL/PE2: Required weight to master = 5kg

 

Maybe sometimes it makes more sense to specify a weight relative to the own bodyweight.

E.g. 20% of bodyweigtht.

 

What do you think?  I really miss a specification how much weight we need to take on to master

certain elements. If we could summon all information in one sticky post, one doesn't need to

search the whole forum.

Bipocni

With some of them there isn't really a 'mastery' weight.  Jefferson curls for example.

 

I know with dislocates you're not supposed to go over 20kg.

P5yx

Hm... that really makes me wonder. I've tried sPL/PE2 with different weights for the iM.
I found the PE significantly harder after a few sets  if i've doubled the weight size for the iM.

So i think it's much easier to hit mastery if you use light weights for the iMs...

Bro'

From what I can remember off the top of my head (please correct me if I'm wrong):

 

- Pretty much all of H1 is 5lbs/2kg minimum before moving to next PE, and you're strongly encouraged to go up to 10lbs/5kg on most of them. Long-term goal should be no more than 45lbs/20kg,

- For MN/PE1, I think I remember Joshua Naterman saying that for this exercise in particular, around 3kg would be the minimum to activate the right muscles (I think it was because a lower weight didn't actually cause much of a stimulus to the shoulder). In my experience, it was mostly true, 3kg and more definitely changed how the iM felt for me,

- MN/PE2, I distincly remember one of Coach's recent posts, which said 20kg for mastery, long-term goal of half your bodyweight,

- That leaves us with the Xiaopengs, PE2>iM clearly says '5-10lbs should be sufficent for most people'. I'm guessing that implies mastery is 5lbs/2kg-10lbs/4.5kg,

 

I don't think there are other PEs that require weights in F1-2 and H1.

P5yx

Thx alot Bro'!! 

I suggest creating the same thread for all courses.

Bipocni
P5yx said:

Thx alot Bro'!! 

I suggest creating the same thread for all courses.

But I want to know what the weighted mobilities are for F4....

Bro'
Bipocni said:

But I want to know what the weighted mobilities are for F4....

 

- SL/SE4 to SL/SE10, except SL/SE8

- MN/SE14-15

- FLS/SE8-9

- HBP/SE8

 

There you go.  :icon_twisted:  :lol:

Joakim Anderson
P5yx said:

sPL/PE2: Required weight to master = 5kg

 

P5yx said:

I've tried sPL/PE2 with different weights for the iM.

 

Weights for sPL/PE2>iM???

Adriano Augusto

Long term goal for Jefferson Curls is full bodyweight, if I remember correctly. I did few days ago 3x5reps reps with 30kgs and it's OK, but nothing dramatic having into account that I weight 82kg.

Bro'
Joakim Anderson said:

Weights for sPL/PE2>iM???

I think he means Xiaopengs, so that would be HBP. 

Bipocni
Bro said:

- SL/SE4 to SL/SE10, except SL/SE8

- MN/SE14-15

- FLS/SE8-9

- HBP/SE8

 

There you go.  :icon_twisted:  :lol:

Thats....  That's so incredibly helpful of you....