RO BHS bactuck and fulltwist problems

Started by sasquatch, March 29, 2009 · 8 Replies · 2,096 Views

sasquatch

Whenever I do my RO or RO, BHS, backtuck the coach at my gym says I whip my head back and don't use or lift my arms in the back tuck.

He tells me this all the time, but I don't know how to change this or what to focus on.

Also, I'm having a hard time with fulltwists, I can do them pretty consistently on trampolines, but I do them by feel and don't really see where I am in the air. It makes it scary to take it to other things like the tumble track and floor.

Blairbob

You need to set and spot before flipping. Spot means to keep looking at a target straight ahead. Set means the body is fully stretched vertically with the arms to vertical. For right now, arms to vertical is fine.

Layout back full, right? Initiate the flip scooping and flipping the body in the layout shape ( stretched, arched, whatever ). Work on landing this first. Then work on landing it and doing an immediate 1/2 jump turn. Then focus on flipping till inverted and twisting past just past vertical. Even if you have your full on tramp, this is more to learn how to time landing the full out of a tumbling pass. When you get the half, then do an immediate 1/2 jump turn. Add this together, initiating the twist earlier.

It is best to set the arms slightly wider than shoulder width, then use an elbow twist and look over the shoulder. One arm, chest height, one behind chest. For multiple twists, the arms will be set wider eventually.

sasquatch

I've heard a lot of people at the gym say to spot a place on the wall when I do my backtuck. That makes it so you can't whip your head back right?

Last time I went to the gym I did a layout and waited until I could see the tramp upside down and the did a half twist, Are you saying to do that but bounce an extra 180 around when I land?

Blairbob

Yes, and yes.

If you send me your email address, I can send a bunch of flv''s on back full progressions from the now defunct gymnast.com

matthew.percussion

Here's my front full.

I need tips on this.

Also, I'd love to see those videos you mentioned(I'll PM you).

My back fulls are entirely non existent. I can't even do a back with a half correctly.

matthew.percussion

Here's a video of my front full...

2tcjoGGO__I

deljosque
sasquatch said:
Whenever I do my RO or RO, BHS, backtuck the coach at my gym says I whip my head back and don't use or lift my arms in the back tuck.

He tells me this all the time, but I don't know how to change this or what to focus on.

Also, I'm having a hard time with fulltwists, I can do them pretty consistently on trampolines, but I do them by feel and don't really see where I am in the air. It makes it scary to take it to other things like the tumble track and floor.

concentate on the push in you RO and BHS keep pushing than its more easy to swing your arms up, your head comes later when you feel secure.

you should skip your BHS when your working on you BHS skip al the unnessecary things when your learning new stuff

train a lot in less difficult situations but do all the ellements like RO back tuck/lay out in trampoline and switch with RO back full

deljosque
matthew.percussion said:
Here's a video of my front full...

2tcjoGGO__I

pull your left arm back and swing your right arm like your girlfriend is running away and twist your head to the left , be sure to train always a lay out between al twists

jonnykool

Thanks for some pointers on the Back saults. Im having problems myslef not lifting out, so maybe practicing spotting will help. When I think about it I think im spotting the floor when I come out the RO and relying on a fast tuck to rotate which is causing me to land short.