This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Supplementing F1

Started by BDS, January 19, 2014 · 4 Replies · 230 Views

BDS

Hey guys, sort of a new member here.

This past week I just started F1 from the beginning. I've played around with GB training on and off before but now I want to dedicate myself to it, so I'm starting from the beginning to master the basics even though right now it may be a little easy for me.

Right now I'm planning on using a M/W/F template with running workouts/sports on the other days.

My question tho its would I be able to supplement my training with say the FSP progressions outlined in BtGB? If so, what might be a good schedule to work each FSP, say twice a week?

Thanks so much for any help!

Daniel Burnham

Short answer:No

Long answer: Foundation one comprises the most basic strength elements. You should first master these before moving onto any more work. Once you make it through foundation 2 you will be in better shape to add more work.

Rayne-William

If you follow F1 as it has been designed by Coach Sommer you will be doing the same FSP found in BtGB.  Just follow the program Coach has outlined and you will be doing FSP training at least twice a week.

Christian

You can and should supplement with a stretching routine and 1-2 a week a hard stretching session. Kit Laughlin is the go to guy here. Search for him on the forum and you'll finf lots of info.

dritar

I'd supplement with some stretching. If you want to add strength work, the recommended the approach is just to add some maintenance sets at the end of the workout, like 2 sets of relatively easy hold times/reps. 

 

Personally, if you're at the early progressions (early being anything with a tucked position) of the FSPs outlined in BtGB I wouldn't bother as F1 is enough to mantain the strength if you've gained in those positions and in some you'll probably improve even without training them.