This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stretching intensity/volume during deload week

Started by El Chino, January 19, 2014 · 5 Replies · 253 Views

El Chino

Hey peeps,

Not sure if this has been answered before and did have a search but couldn't find one.

I am about to enter a deload week and want to know whether I should go easier on the stretching. Since I have seen what it means to "really" stretch according to Coach I have been putting in a hard stretching day once or twice a week and daily limbering. Now the hard days usually leave me slightly sore for up to 48 hours. I was wondering whether doing the same during deload week maybe detrimental to recovery. What approach do you guys and gals take?

El Chino

Bumpity bump.

SoyeBoy

I would be of the opinion that you should keep stretching as per normal. As a point of reference, IMs are maintained at the same level throughout deload week as we know, although granted these wouldn't cause the same soreness as a hard stretching session.

Intuitively I would say maintain the same amount of stretching.

Vincearoo

I'll throw out opposite advice of SoyeBoy (no offense). As Coach has said, the IMs are more limbering and so they shouldn't be affecting recovery. Hard stretching, that which causes soreness, will impact recovery. Anything causing damage, in my opinion, should all be deloaded.

El Chino

Well, unless someone officially states otherwise I am going to go easier on the stretching this week and just limber. I feel my body can do with the rest anyway to prepare for the next microcycle.

 

Thanks for chipping in guys.

Dzosh
Since I have seen what it means to "really" stretch according to Coach

Is this in the course materials somewhere?