Hi all,
This is my first post on this forum and just want to introduce myself and say hello to everybody, it's great to be part of this community with so many people sharing the same passion for training.
I'm new to GST and I've started the Foundation course just few months ago (September). I'm really enjoying this type of training and I'm achieving very good results, quite beyond my initial expectation.
I have to say the GB curriculum completely changed my approach to training and gave me new goals and motivation, so really thanks to coach Sommer for making this possible.
Just a little bit of background on myself.... I'm 30 years old (1,7 m tall for ca. 60 kg); I began "moving" quite late, when I was 17, starting with standard weightlifting, then adding some running and swimming. At that time I was totally unfit, weighted about 75 kg and could not do even a single pushup. I've then trained for some years not too seriously (but at least constantly), and in the last 4-5 years I started working out with weights with more dedication and following some less conventional routines, including also bodyweight/functional exercises, kettlebells etc....Eventually I was very satisfied with my results in terms of strength and body recomposition, however when I learned about GST and what it can lead to I felt like I had to start it all over again!
So I decided to start immediately with the Foundation series, and Iâ'm now in between F1 and F2, and also just started H1. This is where I've got so far:
- FL/PE2
- sPL/PE5
- SL/PE1
- MN/PE2
- SLS/SE2
- HBP/PE3
- RC/PE10
- HS/PE2
Without much surprise, I'm stuck with planche leans, PPPs and ABH, but I'm doing well with SLS and RC. Also (althought I know I'll be called an eretic) I could not resist to try some of the more advanced elements in the progressions where I'm stuck (eg: body levers, arch ups, HLLs, parallel and single bar dips, etc...) and I can do many of them quite decently, which make me think that I have some very specific gap somewhere (probably mobility) I need to work on harder.
I also realize that I probably still need some practice & improvement in the form / tecnique even in the elements I've mastered, but I wanted to get familiar with them practicing for some time before starting asking for feedback. Guess now is the right time to start being more active in the forum, asking you guys for some advice and hopefully also give my small contribution to the community.
Thanks everybody!
Byez
Emilio