Critique my planche lean?

Started by yagmursahin, January 18, 2014 · 5 Replies · 2,311 Views

yagmursahin

Hello,

I've been training planche on and off for about 8 months now and am just progressing slowly to extending a leg from advance tuck. 

Can you guys critique my lean form? After seeing some of these threads I know I'm going to get the level of constructive scrutiny I need to sort form problems out.

Cheers.

Cody

Video angle is bad, hips are too high, protraction is very weak.

yagmursahin

@Cody So decrease the pike in the hips, so my body is straighter and also how would you suggest I could improve my protraction strength for leans?

Mats Trane

Has been said alot of times before (search Planch lean, tuck planch etc).

You loose protraction at the end. Dont lean further than where you can hold protraction for at least 30 seconds. Then you can lean further and build up to to 30 seconds again and so on. Here is a good articel about it.

 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/5959-scapula-position-for-basic-and-static-exercises/

 

But for the best, safest and fastest results purchase the F series.

Cody
yagmursahin said:

@Cody So decrease the pike in the hips, so my body is straighter and also how would you suggest I could improve my protraction strength for leans?

Yes, push your hips down and round your upper back. To increase strength in protraction, a lot of things will help, but mainly just practice with less lean and more protraction, and tuck planche with maximum protraction.

Joakim Anderson

Like Mats said, F1 is great for getting a good planche lean and going beyond. If you're not gonna buy it, reduce your lean and build up time.