This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE2 iM form check

Started by timyu, January 18, 2014 · 8 Replies · 244 Views

timyu

Hi, 

 

I have trouble bringing my arms parallel to the ground. Clearly I have some work to be done. Would I need to be able to bring my arms to 90 degrees before I can continue? Does this mean that I should not continue on to HS/PE3, even though I could do the HS/PE2 Mastery? I apologize in advance if this is a silly question. 

 

I wanted to post a video of me doing HS/PE2 iM but it is not permitting me to upload.

 

Thanks

 

Tim

timyu

Hi,

 

Here's a follow up to my first post of my form check. Earlier I wasn't able to upload my video. Saying I am not allowed to upload that file. Since I have noticed most people here used youtube for their video I have decided to create youtube to upload my video. 

 

Here's the link to my video

 

 

Please check my form and any comment would be appreciated. I would like to know if I am doing it properly or not. I know that I am not able to bring it to 90 degrees. 

 

 

 

Thanks!

 

 

Tim

Jennifer

Mastery is achieved when you master both the PE and its iM component.

 

If I were you, I would go buy a piece of PVC pipe or find an old broom stick or something like that to do this iM.     You can easily attach weights to it using pilates bands, rope or something similar.    Try starting out at 1kg attached to the bar.

 

There are many threads regarding this iM if you search the forum, you can find a lot of good info. 

 

Good luck!

Adriano Augusto

Welcome aboard timyu.

 

Your problem on this iM is the same as everyone of us at the beginning; reach the 90º parallel seems impossible, but isn't. The requisites are time, consistency and be smart about the correct progression.

 

Seems like you are trying the iM with almost shoulder width, and is easyto see that you're not prepared yet to do it with that width. You've to go wider and with time go decreasing the distance between your hands. 

 

Agree with Jennifer. Get a broomstick or something that can able to you to go wider. That pullup bar is a bad choice as a tool to advance. 

 

Many of us are stuck in this iM for long time. It's a journey, so enjoy the ride :D

timyu

Thanks Jennifer and Adriano for your inputs. Got myself a broomstick and was able to go 90 degrees with wider grip. Will now just have to work my way to getting my hand shoulders width apart.

IcedDante

FYI, It has been stated that you should not train this movement without any weight attached. Having a kilo of weight on your bar to start with should be sufficient.

Radek

Why not start training this iM without any weight? 

IcedDante

I forget the precise reason but I think it was something along the lines of using no weight at all would recruit the wrong type of muscles.

Radek

Thanks