This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090327

Started by Coach Sommer, March 27, 2009 · 5 Replies · 1,295 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090103.jpg

Perform:

10 minutes of HS Wall Runs

rest 3-5 minutes

2x6 Wall Pike Press HS

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Compare with 090103.

2) Keep track of the amount of time actually spent doing HS Wall Runs during the 10 minute block.

3) Keep rest to an absolute minimum. The primary purpose of this workout is to push yourself and to spend as much time as possible in the handstand runs. HS Wall Runs are an extremely effective and potent movement for the shoulder girdle when performed for extended periods of time.

4) Alternate one straight arm repetition and one 90 degree bent arm repetition during the Wall Pike Press HS sets.

sghetti

8 minutes of total handstand work in about an hour.

Straddle presses with only my shoulders against the wall were impossible without a jump. I have an ingenious idea to help get the feel of my hips controlling the movement. It involves crossing my legs and a spotter. I'll see if it works/helps.

I just have a question. Coach, are the shoulders supposed to be extended when doing planche work as well?

Coach Sommer
are the shoulders supposed to be extended when doing planche work as well?

Yes, but the extension is forward rather than upward to the ears.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Mats Trane

Alternate one straight arm repetition and one 90 degree bent arm repetition during the Wall Pike Press HS sets.

Whats the purpose of doing half with bent arms and ahalf with straight arms?

Alex Dienaar

I think it's to build both straight-arm pressing strength and bent arm pressing strength. Can't find the source where I read it though :

Coach Sommer
it's to build both straight-arm pressing strength and bent arm pressing strength

That is correct.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer