This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

ABH Form Check. Went Back to Week 1

Started by Nash, January 17, 2014 · 12 Replies · 355 Views

Nash

Hi all,

 

I would appreciate any tips or pointers. Thank you.

 

Is this mastery form moving forward or should I change something?

 

p.s I noticed that when I do a PPT right before I lift my legs, my glutes get better activation.

 

wheezer

Sweet thoracic extension! I'm jealous!

 

I'm definitely no ABH expert, but it looks like you could bring your arms closer toward touching your ears.

Joakim Anderson

Looks fine!

LateStarter@46
wheezer said:

Sweet thoracic extension! .

Ditto and your legs are miles high! Well done.

Jennifer

I noticed in the other thread it said to try shallow breathing.   It sounds like in this video you are holding your breath.

 

I am having success with this by doing slow, steady but deep breathing.   Have you tried yoga before?  Sort of like the Ujjayi breathing technique.   By focusing on the slow, deep breath you try to tune out the discomforts of the body.

 

Since you are starting in week one again, you could play around with breathing.

Mats Trane
Jennifer said:

I noticed in the other thread it said to try shallow breathing.   It sounds like in this video you are holding your breath.

 

I am having success with this by doing slow, steady but deep breathing.   Have you tried yoga before?  Sort of like the Ujjayi breathing technique.   By focusing on the slow, deep breath you try to tune out the discomforts of the body.

 

Since you are starting in week one again, you could play around with breathing.

This was key for me + tensing/pushing your abs down to the floor.

Also put on some good music to keep your mind off the clock.

mark

Nice!  How tall are you?

KenW

I'm no expert as I was just recently asking for a form check.  All I can say is that I'm going back to week 1 though I am not as arched as you are.

Nash

Thank you for the input and compliments!

 

Yeah, what I do is take a breath, hold it, then release after a few seconds. I found that when I did diaphragm breathing (did that at Bikram), I was more unstable because the air was filling my belly.

 

Moving forward, I'm:

 

* Trying Ujjayi breathing

* Pushing my abs down the floor.

* Bringing arms closer to ears.

 

Mark, I'm 5'11''

 

Thanks again!

Joakim Anderson

How long are your sets?

Nash

Joakim,

Week 1 so 12 seconds. 3x12.

Is that what you meant?

Christian

Looks good man!

Joakim Anderson
Nash said:

Joakim,

Week 1 so 12 seconds. 3x12.

Is that what you meant?

 

Yep, just curious. :)