Taking the advice of Tom in another post, I decided to drop back down from planch leans and PPP. Here is just a fast video of a few seconds/reps of each.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
sPL-PE2/HBP-PE2 check
Started by PrimalMove, January 16, 2014 · 7 Replies · 185 Views
Wise decision.
- You're too hollow in the middle back. The hollow is more from the upper back from pushing the floor with the arms. Imagine yourself as a block, a piece glued together. Squeeze your abs and glutes too.
- Pushups looks good, but I don't see the the protraction at the top because I can see the sharp end of your scapula
Push more at the top.
Good luck ![]()
Adriano Flo said:Wise decision.
- You're too hollow in the middle back. The hollow is more from the upper back from pushing the floor with the arms. Imagine yourself as a block, a piece glued together. Squeeze your abs and glutes too.
- Pushups looks good, but I don't the the protraction at the top because I can see the sharp end of your scapula
Push more at the top.
Good luck
As always, thank you for the great advice, Adriano. I'll apply all these come next week when I start my new cycles.
I noticed the reps follow the same sequence as times. While I work on my hollow back position in the plank, would it be a problem if I followed the 30second or 60 rep table on my push ups?
Have a look on google at where your serratus anterior are to give you some visual idea what muscle your trying to use. while protracting try and pull your scapula away from your spine with this muscle. For me I feel a contraction at the top of the lats and the ribs immediately below the armpit. Naterman wrote a really good post in one of the gb forums that should help with activating the serratus.
tom040287 said:Have a look on google at where your serratus anterior are to give you some visual idea what muscle your trying to use. while protracting try and pull your scapula away from your spine with this muscle. For me I feel a contraction at the top of the lats and the ribs immediately below the armpit. Naterman wrote a really good post in one of the gb forums that should help with activating the serratus.
I feel that too when I visualize "screwing" my arms into their sockets and into the ground as hold up top and press. It's when I start to lean that I lose that feeling.
i personally wouldn't count a single one of them as a proper rep because you're moving your neck everywhere. If you wouldn't move your thoracic and lumbar spine all over the place when you're doing pushups, why would the cervical spine be an exception?
Personally I was just checking to make sure my arms were parallel with my wrists. I know better than to move my head around during an actual set. I'm not an idiot. When I do a real set, I focus on total body tension, my breathing, and form.
If you noticed what I originally said, I just wanted to get my shoulders and scapula checked to make sure I was getting better at protraction.