Hello,
Thanks for reading my post.
When I do pullups (on rings is my pref), I feel my lower vertebrae (I guess lumbar) kind of move. It's not painful but itLs not pleasant. Is it because of my technique?
Started by Jonathan Silverman, March 26, 2009 · 3 Replies · 1,864 Views
Hello,
Thanks for reading my post.
When I do pullups (on rings is my pref), I feel my lower vertebrae (I guess lumbar) kind of move. It's not painful but itLs not pleasant. Is it because of my technique?
Describe it more or video.
The spine is engaged while doing a pullup. Is your back arching or snaking through the pull motion?
Hi Blairbob,
Thanks for getting back to me.
You brought up a possible issue with my back being arched or snaking during the pullup. This could be it.. because when i tense my muscles and get rigid it doesn't usaully happen. I still have trouble getting into a handstand position because I have trouble aligning my shoulders and hips. Maybe it's related.
When in a hanging position, the entire spine naturally decompresses. This is especially noticable to those who have previously only engaged in weight-lifting types of conditioning where the spine is compressed most of the time. If the decompression is excessively uncomfortable, in all probability your lower back requires additional strength work.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer