This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

ABH Form Check

Started by Andre737, January 15, 2014 · 5 Replies · 132 Views

Andre737

Hey guys,

 

I just want to check my form.My biggest issue on that exercise is my upper body.I´m doing a few times a week mobilisation and extension work for the thoracic spine but it didn´t help that much for the last 2 months to get my upper body higher.

Thanks for your comments and advice,

 

Andre

post-6813-0-17282500-1389805548_thumb.jp

Joshua Slocum

It looks like you could get a bit more extension out of your hips and thoracic spine. 

LateStarter@46

Your ROM looks excellent*! Move on to Rocks :-)

* assuming your legs are straight.

But I'll defer to Joshua's comments as I'm fairly new here.

Joshua Slocum
LateStarter@46 said:

Your ROM looks excellent*! Move on to Rocks :-)

* assuming your legs are straight.

But I'll defer to Joshua's comments as I'm fairly new here.

It is quite good - just not quite as good as the demonstration video is. 

 

Also, OP: LateStarter is correct. Make sure your knees are locked out! It's hard to tell from the picture whether you're doing this, so double check that you are. 

Andre737

Thanks for your answers.

Knees are locked and I also would be able to lift my legs higher but then they would be in disbalance with my upper body which I can't extend higher.

So I have to work harder on my thoracic extension.Speaks there anything against doing daily thoracic extension mobilisation/stretching?

Joshua Slocum

You should be fine doing some light daily work to improve thoracic extension/mobility.