This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Learning something new

Started by PrimalMove, January 15, 2014 · 5 Replies · 141 Views

PrimalMove

Well, today I was going through my V-Ups, and I realized something... Probably the whole time I've been doing my MN progressions, I've been using momentum to come up... So, I retested myself and found out I can barely do PE1... Anyone else experience this, not necessarily with the MN progressions but others?

Gavin S

When I moved my Manna work from a free pull up bar to stall bars I quickly realised I needed to step back and start my Manna journey again.

 

PPP on the toes/slider was also an eye opener.

Jon Douglas
PrimalMove said:

Well, today I was going through my V-Ups, and I realized something... Probably the whole time I've been doing my MN progressions, I've been using momentum to come up... So, I retested myself and found out I can barely do PE1... Anyone else experience this, not necessarily with the MN progressions but others?

Yeah, with F3 manna work. I expected to sail through it as I'd been working a later progression, only to quickly discover that the bars I was using weren't wide enough >.< dropped down four exercises from what I expected and am working my way back up....

PrimalMove

Oh wow, that has to be a blow to the ego, Jon. I know I'm not as far, but it hurt mine when I just thought I finally left straddle ups behind!

Gavin, I have to agree. My first few sets of PPP were in my chucks outside on asphalt... I did them the other day in the house with a rug and tile flooring.... Great eye opener.

Jon Douglas
PrimalMove said:

Oh wow, that has to be a blow to the ego, Jon. I know I'm not as far, but it hurt mine when I just thought I finally left straddle ups behind!

Gavin, I have to agree. My first few sets of PPP were in my chucks outside on asphalt... I did them the other day in the house with a rug and tile flooring.... Great eye opener.

I had no ego left in training after F1 ^_^ the important thing is that it means easy gains are there for the taking :) I've almost made up the ground now, meaning I've just about fixed a potential problem. That's not setback, that's investment ;)

PrimalMove

I'm still working on checking my ego at the door when I train. All in all foundation, other calisthenics, and even yoga( just started) have been a humbling experiences for me. Like I mentioned in another post, I let my machine and barbell strength get the better of me when I started bodyweight movement practices, so I'm basically starting from square one all over again anyways.