This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

printing new workout

Started by Bret Kennedy, January 13, 2014 · 9 Replies · 212 Views

Bret Kennedy

i have been printing each new workout on a sunday night. I am up to printing out week 5, but am up to training week 4..

 

week 3 week 4 and week 5 for my workouts are exactly the same.. I noticed that there was something different when I just went to print off the weekly program, and there were no other options to load previous program, or select new program etc.

 

what has happened? and how do I get the correct timetable for week 4 and week 5?

 

thanks heaps

 

bret

 

Cory Fair
Bret Kennedy said:

i have been printing each new workout on a sunday night. I am up to printing out week 5, but am up to training week 4..

 

week 3 week 4 and week 5 for my workouts are exactly the same.. I noticed that there was something different when I just went to print off the weekly program, and there were no other options to load previous program, or select new program etc.

 

what has happened? and how do I get the correct timetable for week 4 and week 5?

 

thanks heaps

 

bret

 

Bret, 

 

As described here, the workouts no longer advance automatically each week. You will need to do so via my.gymnasticbodies.com or alternatively use the improved desktop version we are adding to the course portal this week.

Bret Kennedy

this is not really very good if I might say..

 

the first workout of the foundation series, is completely different to the first week I printed of 4 weeks ago.

 

workout 1 - fl/pe1 3X12

yet on this new system it is 5X12

 

and i don't even know where I am up to, even though I am logged in, it doesn't tell me what week it is showing. I have to go to the beginning, start at week 1, then advance a week each time to find out what week 4's exercise reps and sets are.. I have been doing this as per the previous printout and according to this it is not even the right number of reps and sets.

William

so i always have to push the button "advance one week"? what if i want to go one week back, e.g. if pushing the button two times...?

 

just for be sure.

Bret Kennedy

I think that there needs to be some new options placed into the new format. Be able to progress back 1 weeks as specified before. to be able to nominate a week rather than having to go to the start and advance each week. the ability to print out the weeks programs as it was previously, which was very easy to read and understand.

 

I am finding the new format a little difficult to work out where exactly I am up to..

 

sorry.

bret

Cory Fair
Bret Kennedy said:

I think that there needs to be some new options placed into the new format. Be able to progress back 1 weeks as specified before. to be able to nominate a week rather than having to go to the start and advance each week. the ability to print out the weeks programs as it was previously, which was very easy to read and understand.

 

I am finding the new format a little difficult to work out where exactly I am up to..

 

sorry.

bret

Hi Bret,

 

To answer your questions:

 

-Nothing has changed on the ability to print workouts in the courses themselves. 

 

-It is not necessary to start from the beginning and advance each week. You would instead choose "+3" under the Microcycle fine tuning. Alternatively, wait for the desktop version later this week. :)

 

-A Back button can certainly be implemented.

Bret Kennedy

thanks cory.

 

After reading the intro stuff, I still didn't know what the micro cycle did...

 

i will wait for the desktop version, 

William
Bret Kennedy said:

thanks cory.

 

After reading the intro stuff, I still didn't know what the micro cycle did...

 

i will wait for the desktop version, 

Micro cycle is 4-weeks and in every micro cycle the fourth week is deload.

So one element would be 12 weeks and has 3 microcycles :)

tom040287

Have to say there's a mastery template in th menu thats freely avaiable semingly regardless of updates. TEMPLATE being the operative word it may not be the best for you peronally so don't feel obliged. Work up to masterty in the rep template that suits the individual plenty of support for this in numerous threads should be mentioned/encouraged in the general notes.

Bret Kennedy

yeah tom, when I first purchased the programs, I went through the notes and it did mention this. That was one of my first posts in regards to using those mastery templates, then I was placed onto the 'automatically changing weeks' section, and now it has changed again :)

 

I am all for change, I am just working out what I am supposed to be up to. But all good..