Hi!
I can do 2 russian dip with good form, after that I start to pike, but I don´t feel any tired after those 2. I wonder if I should continue with piked russian dips so as to get enough volume?
Thank you
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Shaolintobbe, January 11, 2014 · 4 Replies · 249 Views
Hi!
I can do 2 russian dip with good form, after that I start to pike, but I don´t feel any tired after those 2. I wonder if I should continue with piked russian dips so as to get enough volume?
Thank you
You could do more sets of 2 to get the volume up.
Joakim Anderson said:You could do more sets of 2 to get the volume up.
This is my preferred method. It took me some time to move consistently from 4 rep sets to 5 rep sets with these, and I found that building volume with more sets (generally I went until I struggled to get the rep count) suits them quite well.
The athlete in the video moves explosively, but not by piking at the hips. Think about going explosively from scapula protraction to retraction to initiate the movement out of the bottom position, this helped me a lot.
Good tips! Protraction to retraction I didn´t even think about, and when I look closer I see he go down with his shoulders right on top of his hands, more pressure on triceps, I have had my shoulders more in front of the hands and then lean back to the upper arm support.
thank you all:)