This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Natural Leg Curl positioning of pelvis

Started by Micawberian, January 11, 2014 · 2 Replies · 186 Views

Micawberian

Hello, hopefully a quick answer to this question: Should we be aiming for PPT in natural leg curls?

I am not too sure from the demonstration video. Thank you :)

Wait! Edit! I actually have one more, unrelated, question hah! I was wondering, if it is okay to increase reps of  exericses in my SLS warm up? For example, for many months I have been doing 21/15/9 of PE1-3 and their respective mobility exercises. Is it okay to bump that up to 27/21/15 or even 33/27/21? I ask because due new equipment restrictions of NLC work I do leg work at a park separately from the other foundation work...and never feel satisfactorly warmed up from just 21/15/9.

Thanks!

Jon Douglas
Biren P. said:

Hello, hopefully a quick answer to this question: Should we be aiming for PPT in natural leg curls?

I am not too sure from the demonstration video. Thank you :)

Wait! Edit! I actually have one more, unrelated, question hah! I was wondering, if it is okay to increase reps of  exericses in my SLS warm up? For example, for many months I have been doing 21/15/9 of PE1-3 and their respective mobility exercises. Is it okay to bump that up to 27/21/15 or even 33/27/21? I ask because due new equipment restrictions of NLC work I do leg work at a park separately from the other foundation work...and never feel satisfactorly warmed up from just 21/15/9.

Thanks!

Aiming for PPT, yes. Keep as straight a body as possible for you (I began with a somewhat bent body to work up to this) and your hips fully open. It's tempting/easy to arch when coming up to shift the strain; I find I have to actively push my hips forward a little to keep a good line :)

 

Rather than bumping up the warmup reps, have you considered jumping rope, jogging or similar? Not that there would be any issue with higher rep warmup especially here, I imagine, since the PEs are much much easier than the IMs for most of F2.

Micawberian

PPT, got it! So I suppose I missed something from bridge curls and single leg bridge curls...were we supposed to PPT in those too? If so, looks like I gotta go back and fix those up.

I have some gnarly shin splints, I guess from too many wushu jumps on hard floor, so jogging and jump rope are out of the question until I heal up.