This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL pe11 equip

Started by strme, January 10, 2014 · 7 Replies · 305 Views

strme

ehm, in video :he holding something  or he just touching side wall of pommel horse ?

strme

nobody can answer this..?  so both options are ok for mastery?   i want to be sure that i have ready equipment for this element.

ajgregory

Strme,

 

I'm nowhere near this PE, so my answer is not gospel, purely my own take on the element ;) :

 

Note that the first focus point states  'This may also be performed in a Smith Machine etc'.

 

I took from that that any object you could exert force against (whether holding or not) without it moving would be fine to use. I personally would imagine holding a single bar would be a good option, seeing as this is a front lever element.

 

 

Andy

Gavin S

I use a Smith machine for this PE or you can use the pommel as I did at one of the seminars. You need to keep locked out arms while lowering slowly so you need to be pressing against something. If you try one rep you will understand the mechanics of the move and what you need.

Ravn

I would imagine that a broomstick against a door frame would work just fine?

strme

Ravn,i think everything is ok after this two posts :D  i did not know what is smith machine, now i know.  broomstick in door is also my way now.  thanks for posting this :)

Joakim Anderson

First time I tried these was with a tight slackline between two trees. The options are pretty endless.

Destiny
Ravn said:

I would imagine that a broomstick against a door frame would work just fine?

thats a pretty good idea. I think I might mount some hooks so I can put a plank of wood when I get to this pe. I was wondering how I would do it and I didn't want to pay for a gym membership to use the smith machine lol. my other idea was something at a playground but I'd have to be rolling around in the mud, grass and rocks.