What are you suggestion for eye problem? I wear contact lenses during the training, but they aren't the best solution.
Coach, what type of glasses are the one that this athletes use?

Started by Felipe, March 23, 2009 · 7 Replies · 3,373 Views
What are you suggestion for eye problem? I wear contact lenses during the training, but they aren't the best solution.
Coach, what type of glasses are the one that this athletes use?

I think those are prescription sports goggles.
Just wondering why you think glasses are better than contacts? I am very short sighted and have a severe astigmatism and would much rather wear contacts for sport than glasses.
Jumping and crashing on mats experience :-) No, I cant wear contact lens for a day long, so I switch to glasses in every activity I can.
I have never had any problem doing the exercises in the books, or any other gymnastic type exercise, while wearing contact lenses. I suppose for some of the more dynamic big moves that a competitive gymnast may do there might be a problem, but for strength and fitness training, I think contacts are fine.
Relative to other sports, I did have my contacts pop out several times while doing judo, brazilian jiu-jitsu, or submission wrestling. Even then, it was not feasible to wear glasses, so it was something to put up with, if I wanted to see.
Felipe said:Jumping and crashing on mats experience :-) No, I cant wear contact lens for a day long, so I switch to glasses in every activity I can.
Do you wear hard or soft lenses? I used to have problems with hard lenses, but since I moved over to soft ones, I've never had a problem with them popping out.
Soft lens. They never came out. The problem actually is that I feel them unconfortable.
OK, that's different then. Have you talked to you optician about your problems? They might be able to prescribe different lenses for you. For example. lenses with a higher water content. I found my hard lenses really uncomfortable to wear for long periods, but always used to put them in for sport. They were much better than wearing glasses.