Will eye screws hold the rings?

Started by Hivoyer, March 23, 2009 · 4 Replies · 4,404 Views

Hivoyer

I weight 143 lbs,so will two eye screws hold my bodyweight,cuz im scared they'll fall off the ceiling or something and i'll break my head while in a handstand on the rings X_X

matthew.percussion

I use two quarter inch eye bolts to hold my rings. They are bolted into a 2x4 that is screwed into support beams.

I weight nearly 170 at the moment...

Blairbob

Going into the side of the beam with a bolt (after drilling) is safer and stronger than the bottom ( and using eyescrews ).

griffdrc

the load strength should be listed at the hardware store...

gekitsu

it depends on the screws, of course... if you use teeny weeny ones, there is a chance of you bending them open - but you know that.

i use two really solid eye screws (material is ~half of an inch diameter) screwed into the bottom of a solid wooden beam at my place. just one of the eye screws holds much in excess of my bodyweight (im about 150). just go for a bit of overkill, material wise ;)