This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Where'd This Muscle Up Come From!?

Started by Somalie, January 9, 2014 · 8 Replies · 430 Views

Somalie

Ok so here's the thing guys. Call it a success story if you want, through foundation series, yoga, and proper nutrition I've gone from 168 lbs @ 18.84% BF to 138lbs @ 10.80% BF... From not training a muscle up at all and not having been able to do one sense I was 11 years old. I am now able to do no kip slow ascension and descent muscle ups for 5 reps easy. I absolutely LOVE the combination of yoga and foundation series. I do my foundation work at my gym and few people ask about how I trained my muscle up. And when I say I didn't, their jaws drop. I'm laughing on the inside and tell them "Start from the ground and work your way up, set the foundation on which to achieve balance and strength... It is ok to step back, as long as you keep looking forward"

My transformation is great, no six pack yet, but definitely getting there. Just a few tweaks to make. Thanks Coach for such an amazing product and for providing a community that has helped keep me motivated and on track to success!

RJS

Keep Going, You Going Means I Go.

 

Go Go Go

Somalie

Thanks RJS... I'm going to be encouraging a lot of the guys to purchase foundation. So we can all make a group to help each other out.

old dude_1969

Nice work!  I hope to do one muscle up someday.  You give me hope!  Where are you on the Foundation exercises?

Somalie

I went on a small break at week 9 for around a month after having failed a couple sets and backed down to week 5 for a couple weeks as I reassessed myself. All PE1. Just started 2 day integrated this week and moving through to the other weeks after this one. I may post a video of my muscle up achievement on my Instagram... Which I'll post if people want to see it. Not looking for a bunch of followers I barely post anything.

Being surrounded by a community and culture of movement artist has helped me in my practice greatly... I've helped 3 people achieve a ring muscle up no kip... Shocking to say the least. Much work to be done still to stabilize everything but progress march on!

Somalie

I should also note that I've cycled through to week week 8 Deload a few times before as well. Life getting in the way and all.

fazool

Somalie - Excellent work and tremendous progress on the muscle ups. Definitely motivating. I am making gradual progress in both the Foundation and H 1 programs. Now that the holidays are over, time to get the nutrition aspect as well as incorporating conditioning back in the right direction.

-MR
Somalie said:

Ok so here's the thing guys. Call it a success story if you want, through foundation series, yoga, and proper nutrition I've gone from 168 lbs @ 18.84% BF to 138lbs @ 10.80% BF... 

Congrats, you should probably update your signature :)

Somalie

Wait... I can change my signature?