This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Front rack for lunge

Started by Bill Clarke, January 9, 2014 · 2 Replies · 241 Views

Bill Clarke

I know I'm not ready for the weighted lunges in F3 and F4 yet, but I was curious: would it be fine to use the front rack position instead of the back rack position? This would be easier to achieve with a power clean. Rather than finding a way to put 170 pounds on my back without a squat rack.

An option would be to buy a power rack and just walk it out, but I'm not sure if I want to buy a power rack... at least for a few more years.

Jon Douglas

I've been using the front rack comfortably for F3 and F4 :)

Coach Sommer

Barbell (front or back rack), sandbag, dumbbells, kettlebells or whatever works for you.  In this instance it is the load that matters, not the tool.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer