This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Is it best to complete F1 before going to Coach's seminars?

Started by Nash, January 8, 2014 · 13 Replies · 457 Views

Nash

Or would a beginner with only a few months in still benefit?

Jon Douglas

The majority of the group i went to seminar with were either new beginners or students of F1.

They definitely got a lot out of it. Id even say if possible it's more important to get started right. No doubt Coach et al will save you a lot of time chasing your tail :) you might not feel as glamorous as the guys on the rings, but whatever level you are now that's the fastest way to get there.

It's not like you'll just be rehashing F1 material while you're there. Expect to be surprised by yourself :)

Remember that everyone who doesn't certify prior to seminar will be put into the 0.5 group for testing purposes.

Nash
Jon Douglas said:

Remember that everyone who doesn't certify prior to seminar will be put into the 0.5 group for testing purposes.

Thanks Jon.

How do you get certified before seminar?

What do you mean by testing purposes?

Jon Douglas
Nash said:

Thanks Jon.

How do you get certified before seminar?

What do you mean by testing purposes?

Testing purposes-- AFAIK everyone who goes to seminar has the opportunity to test their 0.5 if they want. Coach has said that if you come in with a blank slate you're testing with the 0.5 group no matter how strong you are. Probably more important for the stronger guys actually.

 

Certifying before seminar-- not sure exactly what the method is right at the moment, best to contact Coach, Cory or a community manager if you are interested. If you are not 100% sure, then I'd wait and get your 0.5 checked in person-- this is what is going to set you up for further progress after all.

:)

Nash

Thank you for the info!

Jon Douglas

No problem :)

Coach has the know how and experience to see where you are and what you should be doing by watching you, not what it says on paper. Id do the testing at the seminar personally in your position; if you're all good you'll be working harder elements while you're there, and this is the best place to set PBs as you get immediate feedback and guidance.

Most of all have fun :)

Richard Hamilton

You'll definitely get benefit Nash and as Jon said it's probably the best time to go when you're starting out. I got lots of little pointers which really helped with the mobility exercises in particular but there was a lot of other stuff covered as well. I'd been doing F1/H1 for about 5 months before the seminar. Go for it! :)

Cole Dano

The sooner you get to a seminar the better.

 

On a personal note, I went to my first seminar with essentially zero GST experience and strength. Though I was a bit nervous, the atmosphere of the seminars immediately put me at ease, and not only did I learn a great deal, but also had a great time and made many new friends.

Nash

I'm going to budget for it for sure. Also, trying to find out if Kit is going to be at any of them.

 

Do you know where I can find more info on 0.5 testing. The search isn't coming up with results.

 

 

-Nash

ausswe

Is the pre testing for a seminar included in the seminar price? I also remember reading the price of a seminar was less if you already had the foundation series or is that just wishful thinking?

I've been really keen to go to a seminar but price is definitely an issue for me right now. Can't wait until I finish uni

Coach Sommer

At this time the queue is full and we are currently accepting no more online certification testing.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

ajgregory

Does Coach attend the seminars hosted in other countries? Annoyingly I hadn't realised there was a London seminar scheduled for this weekend and am now debating paying full price or waiting for another time...

Is it known roughly how often seminars outside the US happen?

Thanks

Cole Dano

Coach Sommer heads every GB seminar.

 

There are a number of European seminars on the slate for this summer.

 

London, Denmark and Norway are on the list at minimum.

ajgregory
Cole Dano said:

Coach Sommer heads every GB seminar.

 

There are a number of European seminars on the slate for this summer.

 

London, Denmark and Norway are on the list at minimum.

Brilliant :) I'll be there sooner rather than later.

 

Thanks