Hello guys,
As most of you know, I have been struggling with the planche for years now and recently I decided to try my straddle planche on rings. To my surprise I actually held it longer than on the floor that same day, and my body was much straighter. Here is the video and a picture:
My form isn't the best, there is definitely some piking and I see that my scapula positioning is not good, but however, it is much better than my attempt on bars! Here is my attempt:
I find this very weird, I also noticed that my planche with hands backwards is also slightly better. The problem however with ring planches and hand backwards planches is that I can't maintain a good hollow body because I find it hard to protract my scapula. However, I tried to do a bad scapula planche with hands forwards, but I'm not even getting close when trying that. I think this is a problem of balance, but I have no idea how to fix this. Any thoughts on this strange matter?