This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Knuckle walk

Started by MichaÅ‚, January 7, 2014 · 10 Replies · 413 Views

Michał

Hello Mates! Tell me please if a person who can not bend fingers more then 30 degrees should and if the person can walk his way up to 90 degrees bend? Thanks for all your answears :)

Bipocni

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/gallery/album/45-latestarter46-progress/

 

You'll get there eventually.

Michał
Bipocni said:

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/gallery/album/45-latestarter46-progress/

 

You'll get there eventually.

But is it safe for the joint?

Micawberian

So long as you follow the programming and not try to jump ahead of yourself, it is of course safe. And wonderful to practice :)

Michał
Biren P. said:

So long as you follow the programming and not try to jump ahead of yourself, it is of course safe. And wonderful to practice :)

Is it posible to move on from FKP/PE1 to FKP/PE2 if i can not bend fingers 90 degres, but in the range of motion that I can do, I can do even PE4?

Bipocni
Michał said:

Is it posible to move on from FKP/PE1 to FKP/PE2 if i can not bend fingers 90 degres, but in the range of motion that I can do, I can do even PE4?

I wouldn't recommend it.

Michał
Bipocni said:

I wouldn't recommend it.

How long did you strech to get 90 degres?

Jennifer

I can easily bend 90 deg with this exercise and I can say that you do need to get to 90deg to move on to FKP/PE2.    The loading pressure across the wrist and forearm are completely different if I try to do it at less than 90deg.

Micawberian
Michał said:

How long did you strech to get 90 degres?

That...doesn't really matter how much someone else spent. The programming shows that you could spend a minimum of 12 weeks following the layout before you move on to PE2. Given that people often end up repeating microcycles, you could end up spending 5 or more months. Dude, some of us have spent 12 months on one particular foundation element. Just suck it up and don't worry about the time.

Michał

It's not that the time is worrying me. It's pure curiosity Mate ;-)

Bipocni
Michał said:

How long did you strech to get 90 degres?

Those pictures weren't of me.  I always had 90 degrees.

 

I used to spend a lot of time pulling my fingers back to stretch them out when I was younger, so that might help.