This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation on Rings?

Started by Gerlari, January 7, 2014 · 9 Replies · 575 Views

Gerlari

Hi, 

One of my goals is to Straddle planche on rings. I currently do it in paralletes about 6 seconds maximum. For now I want to achieve first foundation ultimate goal and to get 5 x 10 ".
But then I wonder if I could use the same progressions but making them on the rings. Will this work?, or otherwise would be madness?
 
My actual Str. PL:
 
 
 
Thanks in advance
Cole Dano

For XR-sPL you will want to start with the progressions laid out in the forthcoming Ring Course.

 

I can't imagine that sPL won't be in there as Coach has already stated that PL is part of his Iron Cross progression. 

Gerlari

Ok, thanks a lot. I didn´t know this.

 

I´ll wait for Rings Series. But are the goals of Ring One known? I imagine that it will cover Muscle ups, BL and Felges, but i wonder what is the top of the first course.

Jon Douglas

I think that would be madness :) it's going to be the straight arm conditioning that holds you back from a ring PL, and you need to approach this differently.

That said, there are some tools you could take from it. Planche leans are an obvious one, very productive on rings.

Cole Dano

Yes, Jon is correct, ring work is counter-intuitive in that it doesn't scale linearly with non-ring work. In other words the next step from FX-PL is not XR-PL. 

 

You have to start ring work from the very beginning or seriously risk paying the piper. Hence the admonition to start with R1 when it comes out.

Joshua Slocum

Rings 1 is coming out pretty soon. However, if you're impatient to get started (and properly prepared - e.g. have completed F2) you can use Coach's post here as a guide. I'm guessing that the rings course may have more detailed/finer grain progressions, but the same general outline will probably be followed. 

Gerlari

Thanks everyone for the answers.

 

I've been training hard with the rings since a year and a half, and I can do quite stuffs above, I have clear that Rings courses help me keep progressing and achieve great goals. But my big doubt is whether the first will include many skills I already do.

Coach Sommer

You are assuming that the ones you already do are being done correctly.   :icon_twisted:

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Gerlari

Of course I don´t realize the exercises flawless but that's always the goal.  :D  :D  :D 

I'm impatient to see which mobility exercises will bring R1 to fix this.

 

Coach, on another level, have you provided in the future some progression to go from straddle PL to Full PL ?

strongyetagil3

Anyone know when the pre-order link will be made available very soon so that the moment it is live we just go in and take a gander? (For the impatient students who are almost ready for it :P)

Also...the cost?