This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

doing foundations 2x per week?

Started by Ronin168, January 7, 2014 · 11 Replies · 565 Views

Ronin168

i just bought foundation 1 and haven't started yet.  on the manual, i see that there is a 3, 4, or 5 day foundations workout program.

 

i have seen someone mention on the forum that he does foundations workouts two times a week.  is that officially allowed?

 

if so, that would make my schedule much easier due to limited access to gymnastics facilities, but i want to try to do everything correctly.

 

so here are my 2 questions:

 

1. is it officially allowed to do foundations 2x per week?  

2. if so, would that mean that you would do each of the seven exercises only one time a week?  or does that mean that you would double up on exercises one day, meaning that one workout session would include all 7 exercises, and the second session would be the normal 3 or 4 exercises only?

Jon Douglas

If you do it only 2* a week, generally you would do all the exercises in each session.

Murray Truelove

Even if it's not officially allowed, if training twice a week works for you then go for it!

 

However, a lot of people on here have found that the the 4 day split yields the best results. If I only had two days to train I would do all 7 exercises each day.  

Cole Dano

Keep in mind, you don't need to go to a gymnastic facility to do Foundation.

 

The f7 program can be done twice a week, but it does seem the for the majority the four day split works the best, your results my vary.

Samin Ishtiaq

Maybe they do F7 "two times a week" plus 1-day HS? i.e., the Integrated schedule?

Ronin168

was jeff doing all 7 foundations exercises for both of his weekly sessions?

 

thanks

Cole Dano

We all have two constraints to our training

 

- Time and Recovery

 

Many can only train x amount because they only have so much time available, if that's so, then some training is better than none. Taken to the other extreme, if you had all the time in the world and only trained then your bodies recovery ability would be the limiting factor.

 

Some people will actually get stronger quicker training with greater frequency, other with less frequency. Our job is, within our time constraints, to find where we make the best progress.

Coach Sommer
Ronin168 said:

was jeff doing all 7 foundations exercises for both of his weekly sessions?

 

 

 

Zach is correct; at his level of GST Jeffrey's warmup was harder than the mastery level of all of Foundation 4.   :)

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

edna

I have basically been doing 2 times a week (workout A one day then workout B) plus 1 - 2 sessions of H1 training. This is due to 2 young kids and also house renovations. 

 

Gains are small in some areas only, otherwise a feeling of basic maintenance and mild improvement only.

 

I have recently increased training again, hopefully I can get some decent progression this year.

Ronin168

edna,

 

so basically you are just doing the 7 exercises once per week, then?

 

how long have you been training foundations 1?

edna

Yes, that was my scaled back workout for the last little while. 

 

f1 since release in February 2013. 

 

Now I plan to do the 3 day cycle with 2 x H1 to actually progress. I will go back to early progressions/reps to fix form hopefully. Form is king and reps/sets are the servants for me now.

 

The fact is, I just couldn't do more than that as I was already super stretched these last 3 months. 

 

This year, I say no to renovating the house and yes to renovating me. yeeha

Samin Ishtiaq

I'm doing the "1 Day HS Integrated" schedule of Mon:F7, Wed:HS, Fri:F7, for more than 6 months now. Gains are there, but I feel I could do more. (Also, it might be easier to schedule more shorter sessions, than three longer ones.)

 

If you're doing 3- or 4-day F7 split, on what days do you integrate in the HS? All the examples on the gymnasticbodies.customerhub.net/hs-cycles-toc page are for doing all of F7 in one session.