This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE4-iM question

Started by Spphysio, January 6, 2014 · 5 Replies · 204 Views

Spphysio

In the video the gymnast goes on one side and then comes back to the beginning position. Does this count as one repetition or two? Not sure what Coach means by saying down and back is one repetition.

 

So the athlete to the video does a total of two or four reps?

Keilani Gutierrez

it's in the points to follow :) 

 

"down and back is one repitition"

 

so the athlete on the video does 2 reps

Devon Devine

I'm having some shoulder discomfort on FL/PE4>iM.

I feel that I have mastered FL/PE3 and FL/PE3>iM. https://db.tt/8KNawlD7i9

Suggestions on where to go next? 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Devon, Im3 is ok, post a video of the IM4. without seeing form i cannot say too much.

Devon Devine

Alessandro,

Here's a couple angles of iM4. I haven't mastered, but I am encountering some shoulder discomfort. The discomfort is not in the supporting/loaded shoulder. The discomfort is in the shoulder of the arm that is released to start the torso rotation. I am hoping that you'll say "just move on to iM5 and come back to iM4 later".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dx9d9gubgczwjpz/VID_20190529_073341.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1m6m4njq30bh9f1/VID_20190529_073639.mp4?dl=0

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Devon, the range of motion is not so bad as you think. from my pov you can move forward. do not force on this one BUT if the problem still persists, check for a PT. pain is not considered a normal situation.