G'day guys
I use to be able to do a completely horizontal back lever with straight legs with some ease by starting from a straight hang and lowering down with a straight body (less than 3 months ago), but now I try them on my xtreme rings (which I got in the mail last week
) and can only get down to about 45 degrees before I can no longer remain straight and pretty much just drop.
I took a few months off from gymnastics after hurting my ankle, but have been continuing doing strength conditioning and yet I can no longer do the back lever. Quite a disappointment for me considering how easy I use to be able to do them and now I can no longer even get into the proper position.
I'm assuming I should slowly work my way up to them with tuck, flat tuck, straddle, bent knees and then finally trying the straight leg again but are there any other exercises I can do to assist with building the strength I need for the back lever again?
Cheers
Kai