This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL PE2 & sPL PE5 Form Checks

Started by ajgregory, January 5, 2014 · 5 Replies · 225 Views

ajgregory

Hi everyone

 

I was hoping someone may be able to give some feedback for my attempts at sPL PE5 and FL PE2? I'm not at the stage to test for mastery, but I just want to be sure I address any required form corrections before I start building up the time/reps. There's a couple of views of each element.

 

 

FL PE2

 

 

It took me quite a few sessions to figure the movement for this PE out. My ROM was far too exaggerated at both ends of the movement initially and I also struggled to keep ppt whilst moving. The rock feels smooth in this vid, with no double impact or slide, though I may be missing something  ;)

 

 

 

sPL PE5

 

 

There are loads of threads regarding this PE out there which I've been reading for pointers. How does it look like I'm faring? I'm not sure if the degree of lean is enough, but this is as far as my wrists allow me to go at the moment. This is also about the lean limit for retaining protraction (in fact I think I'm a little off acceptable protraction in the second view anyway). I haven't yet worked out the mind-body connection to keep my lats fully engaged during the hold-- I'm twisting my hands into the floor, but to no avail.

 

 

 

Thanks

Andy

Adriano Augusto

Hi!

 

FL/PE2: Try pressing the legs together, from knees to feet. Your calf seems like if were moving or something. Looks good.

 

sPL/PE5: Nice one. Try tensing the whole body, abs/glutes in particular to feel that BODY-UNIT moves together. Looks good too.

 

Good luck!

thecolin

Looking at your video, it looks like your legs start moving down a split second before your upper body moves up. I think the calf movement is from you creating momentum by moving your legs down. All the movement should be generated from your core with your body in a rigid position. 

ajgregory
Adriano Flo said:

sPL/PE5: Nice one. Try tensing the whole body, abs/glutes in particular to feel that BODY-UNIT moves together. Looks good too.

 

 

Thanks Adriano- your thread on the planche lean has been really helpful :) Do you think I've got enough lean going on?

 

 

thecolin said:

Looking at your video, it looks like your legs start moving down a split second before your upper body moves up. I think the calf movement is from you creating momentum by moving your legs down. All the movement should be generated from your core with your body in a rigid position. 

 

Nuts, you're right Colin. I was doing it that way as that is what the athlete appears to do in the demo. The legs also appear to be moving a bit on the straddle and hollow rocks as well.

Is it acceptable for the degree of hollow to change a little through the rep, as I'm not sure how else to generate the rocking motion?

Thanks

ajgregory

Spent some time playing around with form for this movement today:

 

 

 

The calf movement seems to be a bit better after about rep 5 or so (and is less than demonstrated by the athlete), but I'm not sure if this is good enough or not  :unsure:  Thoughts?

 

Cheers

thecolin
ajgregory said:

 

Nuts, you're right Colin. I was doing it that way as that is what the athlete appears to do in the demo. The legs also appear to be moving a bit on the straddle and hollow rocks as well.

 

I think you're correct, in some of the videos the legs move a bit. But if you look at PE-6, he holds a solid body position without moving the legs. Since that's the goal of the entire progression, I'd be inclined to do it like that and just rock with your core.