Explosive/Power strength vs Basic strength (slow vs ''fast'') on Rings + Bar

Started by TheSecondName, January 5, 2014 · 4 Replies · 4,233 Views

TheSecondName

Dear people. First: I washo you all the best for 2K14 and may be the 2K14 the year of your best skill and goal development!

My question:

I can do strict ring muscle ups, from the floor in a L sit position, and going backward slowly.
Either on the bar... I can do deadhang slow false grip Muscle ups without too much problems.

But when I try explosive muscle ups, I can't get my body far enough above the bar. I swing a bit, but I have to raise my left arm/elbow over the bar first, before my right arm/wlbow and before ''pushing/dipping'' myself up to the position. 

Is this a sign of lack of explosive strength, or may it be just momentum/technique?
And if so, what's the best approach to train for more technique/explosiveness?

DiTi

I have the same problem i can do a slow false grip muscle up with no momentium but i cant do a explosive muscle up and i think that i dont have the technichue needed to do that because i have heard alot of people saying that the false grip muscle up is way harder than an explosive one

Alessandro Mainente

The reason is that at certain Level of maximal strength development you will lose explosive strength

. The reason is neurophysiologic, what you learn to move slowly, you cannot move fast. Brains learns what you are training. Simple and effective way to not waste energies and mental resources.

TheSecondName

Yeah. Ok thank you.

What will be the best way to get more explosiveness? Simply a lot of sets with less reps and trying to do chest over the bar?

For example 10 sets of 2 reps with 30 sec rest in between each set?

B1214N

This sounds more like a technique problem. All you need to be able to do is an explosive pull-up for strength/power requirements for an explosive MU. If you lack the strength and power to do an explosive pull-up then you can always kip to build large amounts of momentum.